The three main target markets of VPH-DARE@IT results are:
The industrial/commercial/non-healthcare market includes products that do not directly address health service provision.
- One segment of this market is interdisciplinary medical research, which can make use of the multiscalar models validated by VPH-DARE@IT. Potential users are the pharmaceutical companies, which could accelerate the drug development process based on the VPH-DARE@IT models.
- Another segm ent of this market – medical devices – is also expected to be particularly relevant. The non-healthcare market is an explicit target for exploitation and we expect the potential there to be significant.
The clinical/healthcare market is one in which VPH technology is deployed by healthcare providers; the decision support tools and systems directly support services provided to the patient at the point-of-care. This market can have two segments:
- One involves VPH technologies being purchased directly by health service providers.
- In the other segment, the VPH technology is only an intermediate good, which serves as input to larger, even more integrated health IT systems then sold to health services providers. In this segment, the customer is the medical IT industry rather than the clinical world directly.
In both segments, clinicians are the end-users of the technology and thus clinical achievements are of pivotal importance to the potential for deployment and market penetration. The VPH-DARE@IT outcomes will target both segments, albeit a connection to or even integration with routine clinical information systems is clearly preferable, because this will allow immediate access to and making use of the respective patient’s individual data.
- The scientific market refers to academic achievements related to the VPH-DARE@IT project. In contrast to the other two markets, the scientific market is easily penetrated already during the project lifetime, keeping Europe at the frontline of innovative simulation and modelling research in the VPH field.
Rather than specific technology artefacts, the product in this market is the research activity itself, which is exploited by the scientific community in advancing their agendas.